Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No Judgment

Sometimes, when I have my hands on another I feel an overwhelming sense of wanting to get things right.  Not that I want to “fix” them but that I don’t want to make a mistake of judgment.  It can so easily happen as I find myself with an idea of what needs to happen to have the fluid reorganize or to have a bone move into its proper movement pattern.
Hold on!  Within seconds I come to my senses and realize that I am not the judge.  What I might think “needs” to happen is absolutely the last thing that does need to happen.  I’ve come to realize that perfection is exactly the situation we are in at this very moment in time.  Each one of us is as individual as a snowflake so what may seem an imbalanced pattern to my senses is the perfection of another’s system.  For me to have a thought otherwise is affecting that system.  This is why it is so important to sit in present moment awareness and stillness and be a witness (and only a witness) to what arises.
I’ve heard it said that the heart of clinical practice is listening.  It reminds me of the times when I need to vent about a situation I’ve found myself involved in.  I don’t need anyone to give me answers.  I need someone willing to listen to my feelings about what transpired.  Afterward I feel as if a weight was lifted.
That is how it is with this hands-on work.  I need to be willing to listen to pain, suffering, hope joy and the deeper forces at work in my life without attaching any story or fear.  Can I leave agendas behind and be open to the forces of life itself?
That is the greatest gift we can give our clients.  This is what allows their system to decelerate and reorganize around the Health that exists at the core.  This present moment is where healing takes place.


No comments:

Post a Comment