Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Healing happens in the Present Moment

As we move through life we have experiences that affect our health in negative ways.  We are each molded by these experiences in ways that are unique to ourselves.  Over twenty years ago I had a fall down my outside stairs.  I had a concussion and broke my wrist.  As a bodywork therapist I relied on my hands.  I couldn’t do anything to make the healing speed itself up and I couldn’t work with a cast. 

I decided to receive some craniosacral work.  Even though the origins of this work go back nearly 100 years, it wasn’t well known. But, I was in pain and traditional massage was uncomfortable.  I’d heard that craniosacral therapy was good for traumatic injuries.  As I received this work I started to see glimpses of this dance of Spirit, which is really just opening us up to who we really are.  As it turned out this work was instrumental in getting me back to work within weeks of having the cast removed.

I’ve spent the last twenty plus years fascinated with this philosophy of healing.  I’ve spent years studying and practicing and I’ve found this work to be the most hopeful and inspirational modality for healing and connecting with the heart of who we are.

Biodynamic craniosacral therapy honors that uniqueness by approaching a session from stillness and acceptance.  As a “therapist” I am not doing anything.  I act as a witness and keep my awareness in the present moment.  In the quiet presence of a witness all things can shift.  No fight.  No flee.  We cannot lose connection with ourselves and we return to our Source.  Healing happens.

In stillness we find our answers.  By tapping into Stillness our awareness grows. Finding that still place is listening to our inner awareness where it is dynamic and contemplative without judgment.  We expand our field of awareness and let go of our attachments and find ourselves in emptiness.  Everything arises from emptiness. 

Our choice comes from being present to what is happening – not being reactive to it.  When we are “OK” with not knowing we’re open to the infinite.  And if we can accept what IS, in every single moment without judgment and resistance we are open to possibilities of the Universe.  This is where miracles have the ability to manifest.  This is where healing happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment